Sunday, August 26, 2007

Should Right Be Universal?

Dear Prof. Stan

And All

Well, the reason I interlinked my topic to the UDHR I mean that not to write about the Equality Clauses of the UDHR, in constrast, I just want to raise the interaction point of the right in the UDHR to reflect with strick obligation of the religion, tradition, and custom and culture in each state. It would be ok if I only express the idea of right in the UDHR to support my topic but not specifically focus to write about the Equality Clauses in the UDHR. One more point in this topic, I will emerge the International Law to compare to the Universal Rights as well.Please advise me more on going with this topic.

Specifically, in response to my topic, I will write about the negative and positive aspect of having Universal Right.

Thanks for your comment

Sovannarith

1 comment:

Stan Starygin said...

Hi Rith,

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to compare "international law with the UDHR". UDHR is a big part of international human rights law, which is why you will be comparing this instrument to itself. One of the things you can do is compare UDHR with another similar rights-related instrument. This -- or possibly another -- change of your original topic will make more sense.

Stan