Sunday, August 5, 2007

Comparative on Religion of Cambodia and Malaysia

Dear All,

Abstract:

I am choosing topic on Comparative on Religion of Cambodia and Malaysia because I want to make sure that How Malaysia’s respect religion?. Because after searching I have known that Malaysia have major religions festival day of the Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus and Christians.

Anyway, 60% of Malaysia’s 26 million people are Malay Muslims[1]. How ever, only 44% of Malaysia who are Buddhist[2] but they have 350 Buddhist Organization throughout the country unlike Cambodia which are 90% people of Buddhism but there are not many organization which related to the Buddhist.

At the same time at the first search I can see that they have eightfold path like Cambodia, such as:
Right belief, Right Feelings, Right Speech, Right Actions, Right Livelihood, Right Endeavour, Right Memory, Right Meditation.

And I want to know that is it necessary to learn Pali to study Buddhism?, because Malaysia does not necessary.


[1] Human Right and World Politics (PoL 305) Compiled by: Pro. Stan Starygin, Malaysia Court Rules in Religion Case.
[2] www.geocities.com/buddhistnews/pages3.htm

2 comments:

Sang morada said...

Dear Ms. Deth,

Since i've read some topics which in blog so far, this topic is one of my interesting. Especialy, in point that you've mention about 90% Cambodia is Buddist. I expect you can define by a blog latter.

Thanks

Stan Starygin said...

Hi Deth,

I do understand you are trying to write a comparative analysis between the right to freedom of religion in Cambodia and the same in Malaysia. What I am not sure about is what it will be scope of your paper, i.e. what exactly is that that you are planning on analyzing? I will need a much clearer abstract statement before I can comment on this further.

Stan